Friday 3 June 2016

A FRIDGE MAGNET MADE WITH PAPERS FROM “SUMMER CHARM” COLLECTION

Heya folks,

In the conceptual art of crafting, even the home appliances seem to be a canvas for painting. This truly reflects the creative hunger of an artist who gives an innovative bend to whatever they perceive. Why not make everything around you beautiful and eye catching? A similar speculation knocked my mind when I saw my fridge standing at the corner, begging for some attention. 

The moment I received SUMMER CHARM collection from Bob n Betty in this month’s DT Kit, I made my mind to make a “Fridge Magnet”. 

The project was a bit easy to make as the pattern paper itself had a lot of minute details to be captured. The details were subtle and gave the project more depth appearing to have created multiple layers. The flower design on the paper set was appealing to the eye and reminded of Penny black flower stamp sets, thereby using the Penny black divine stamp set here.
PMV06
So here is a small walkthrough….
1) I selected the paper and cut it to fit 5X3 inch canvas.
2) Then distressed the edges of the paper, sticking it on the canvas.
3) Used thick gesso to add some texture using Tim Holtz burlap on the top aspect.
4) I stamped the penny black divine stamp first directly onto the pattern paper and secondly on white cardstock. Coloring the flowers red both on the cardstock and on the pattern paper, I cut one of the petals of the flower from the cardstock and added it to the pattern paper used double sided tape to raise it a bit on the pattern paper.
PMV01
5) I randomly used some mixed media stamps and gave a wash of watered down gesso.
PMV002
PMV03
6) Finally for the sentiment used ‘Hello’ from poolside ephemera collection.
PMV04
For final touches used Viva decor gold paste to add some highlights.
PMV05
This will now get onto my mom’s fridge where she hoards most of my creations:)
Hope you loved the creation
Happy Summers
Thanks for stopping by
Lots of love :)
Pratyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment