Friday 8 April 2016

Altered embroidery hoops- Feat. Bobnbetty pattern papers!!!



Heya Folks,
For this project I have tried something completely different than what I do. Thanks to Deepika Sharma the owner of Bob N Betty who gave me a push in this direction!!!

For this project I used Embroidery hoops and Anemone paper stack from Bob N Betty.
Completely in love with the stack. It has interesting designs right from the delicate lace design to the bold flowers which I completely fell in love with!!!

So here's the project I made!!! A altered embroidery hoop.
Ain't that beautiful :)

Lemme give you a walkthrough as to how I did it. I couldn't take pics of the project while I was working on it as I was completely zoned out :P
Firstly I applied gesso on the embroidery hoops and made use of 2 sheets from Anemone stack to sketch out the hoops. Cut and pasted them behind the hoops.
Once this was dry, I placed both the hoops in desired style and secured them in place using fevibond.
The same paper stack was used to make the photomats. I was totally enthralled by the lace design on the paper and used tacky tape to secure them.
Anemone stack has some gorgeous flower patterns that I fussy cut and place them in the required shape.
02Then I added laces and flowers to make some clusters and added resin and metal embellishments from my stash.
To give it a finishing touch, I gave a coat of gesso using a dry brush and also added few drops of watered down gesso.
This altered embroidery hoop can be used as a decorative piece or a photo frame capturing those special moments of life.

Here are a few closeups of the project







This collection has 8 designs, available in 6″x6″ and 12″x12″ inches. you may follow the link to check out these gorgeous papers at http://www.shopbobnbetty.in/browse/anemone
I was mesmerized with the outcome. Hope you too like enjoyed the complete process.
Thanks for stopping by :)
Love of hugs, 
Pratyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment